Hemi-Sync® is a leading conscious media company and technology company. We use our complex, proprietary, multi-layered audio guidance technology to assist people in relaxation, sleep, concentration, meditation and leading a more fulfilling life. We distribute our guided audio exercises, engineered music and online courses via our website, app, dealer network and third-party platforms.
Our audio guidance process creates unique brain wave forms characteristic of specific states of consciousness. The result is a focused, whole-brain state known as hemispheric synchronization, or Hemi-Sync®, where the left and right hemispheres are working together in a state of coherence. Different Hemi-Sync® signals are used to facilitate deep relaxation, focused attention or other desired states. As an analogy, lasers produce focused, coherent light. Hemi-Sync® produces a focused, coherent mind, which is an optimal condition for improving human performance.
We hope you’ll join our passionate and growing team.
*Currently only accepting applicants within the United States, ideally within the Los Angeles area.
What We’re Looking For:
- Somebody that shares our passion for delighting our users.
- Minimum 4 years as an iOS developer.
- A demonstrated track record of building interfaces that have been used by thousands of people.
- Someone who is naturally curious; interested in improving their craft and themselves.
- A technology enthusiast keenly following iOS development trends, technologies, and patterns.
- A clear and articulate communicator that can contribute to a team looking to solve complex problems.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion. We have a small team so each member has a lot of responsibility and a lot of involvement in the direction our company takes.
- Interest in meditation and human potential is a plus.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build features and enhancements that create value for users
- Constantly look for ways to optimize the app for speed and user experience.
- Solve defects and address customer issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Test solutions across multiple devices and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Bring new ideas to the team to help our business continue to grow.
Here are Some Important Skills:
Strong knowledge of Swift. Experience with RxSwift, RxCocoa, WebKit, iOS frameworks (Core Data, Core Animation, Realm, etc.) threading & performance tuning, Cryptographic Services, code signing and delivery of iOS applications. Familiarity with RESTful APIs for connection of iOS applications to back-end services. Strong understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle.
These skills aren’t required but are a plus: backend development, and/or Android development. Great English writing skills. You’ll be writing and communicating with other team members primarily in writing. Clear and effective communication is key.
Must reside in the continental United States, ideally in the Los Angeles area. If you plan to work from home, you’ll need a dependable work environment (a reasonably fast workstation and a reliable high speed internet connection).
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home or in our office.
- This will begin as part-time, consulting work, but could evolve into a larger role (if so desired).
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with a creative and dynamic team.